- Earlier we don't have the option to enter the POSB cheque when an account (MIS/TD/) is opened by debiting from the customer respective SB account.
- We use to have the option only while opening the accounts (NSC/KVP) but there is option for MIS/TD accounts hence a new patch has been deployed in the production on 28/07/2017.
- Hence all the users are requested to enter POSB cheque number while opening the MIS/TD/NSC/KVP accounts while debiting the amount from the respective customer SB account.
- Now there is no need to mark the cheque as Passed or Destroyed separately.
Precautions to be taken by the user :-
- While entering the POSB cheque number while opening the MIS/TD/NSC/KVP accounts by debiting the SB accounts users are requested to cheque whether that cheque is already issued to that respective SB account or not.
- All the users can use the menu HCHBM to know the list of cheques available in that respective SB account.
- If the POSB cheque is not issued to SB account and the same cheque number entered during MIS/TD/NSC/KVP accounts opening system will not give error at PA level it will generate the new account number, but while verification system will throw an error cheque is not issued to that SB account. Hence always make a practise to check whether the given cheque number is present with that SB account or not using the menu HCHBM before going for opeinging of new account